Thursday 19 July 2012

Tricolour Cupcakes Attempt Two

So I decided that I would be using this method for the day and I didn’t have a practice first!

For the cupcakes:
150g (5oz) butter, softened
150g (5oz) caster sugar
100g (3½oz) self-raising flour
2 level tablespoons cocoa powder
3 medium eggs
2 tablespoons milk
Few drops of vanilla extract
For the frosting:
75g/3ox marg/butter
175g/7oz Icing sugar
good slug of Baileys
Oven - gas mark 5 or 190°C or 170°C fan.  15 – 18mins

I divided the frosting into three bowls and coloured then red and blue and left the other plain.  This method involves four piping bags!  Put each colour into separate piping bags without a tip attached.  Then flatten the icing in the bags so that they all fit in another piping bag with the tip attached.
It was tricky to keep an even pressure and not squeeze too much of the one colour so I just had to continuously push the icing down the bags.  Otherwise I didn't waste any icing like the last lot and I got the result I was looking for.  Am just dissappointed in the cases which have gone a bit floppy - need to stick with foil perhaps.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment