Thursday 9 February 2017

Henry Wag Elevated Dog Bed Review

Our house is tiled throughout the downstairs as we have underfloor heating. I never thought of the impact it would have on the dog, Rum was getting really hot lying directly on the floor so we bought him a Maelson raised bed.  We were looking for another bed for Kite and noticed the Henry Wag looked a similar product so we thought we would try that instead.
With these beds you pay for quality. The bed is on a sturdy frame and has a hard base so it doesn't sag when the dog sits on it. Some of the cheaper beds really sag and you hear about a lot of dogs that don't like them because they feel unstable to the dog. I also don't think it's a good idea for them to sleep on something that doesn't give them support.
The Henry Wag bed comes in pieces so you have to put it together yourself but it does mean you can take it apart if you need to wash it or transport it somwwhere. It was quick and easy to put together, the only trouble I had was getting the wooden board into the base as there is a slim piece of foam that ruckles up when you push the board in and if you try to hold it you can tear it easily. I found that if you pull the foam out just an inch or so that the board doesn't ruckle it up and the last bit just pushes in nicely with the board.
The bed itself is fab, I love it, it is so sturdy and the frame is slighty smaller than my Maelson (even though the bed area is similar) so it means it doesn't take up so much room and can be pushed against the wall better.
Another benefit is the front lip on it which means it has 4 strong sides which keep the bed material in place. I find the material on the maelson slides back over time and you have to keep pulling it forward as it doesnt have the front lip to pull the material tight like the Henry Wag does.
You can use the bed without putting anything in it, I personally like just to put a piece of vet bed on the bottom as it is easier to pick up and wash.  I like the design of the bed as it looks smart in the home, I also like the neutral grey colour which matches any interior and looks classyIn my case it helps keep the dogs cool, raising them up off a hot floor however in a lot of cases it will work the opposite and raise the dog up off a cold floor which is a lot better for their joints and stops the bed getting damp.  I really would recommend this bed, it is my favourite yet!
I have not been paid for this post, however I received the bed in order to review. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment