Friday 8 March 2013

Indigo - Indian Restaurant

Mark wanted to go for an Indian for his birthday so I thought I would try and find somewhere a bit special and not your usual Indian.  I came across Indigo in Penn and after looking at Tripadvisor and speaking to a couple of colleagues that had been I decided to book it.  We arrived early and were told we could have a better table if we weren’t there for an all night session, which we decided to do as we said we wouldn’t be any longer than 2 hours. 
 
As we were new customers they brought us out a tray of different curry sauces with poppadoms to try which we thought was a great idea as we both never venture any further from our usual (Chicken Tikka Masala and Chicken Tikka Saagwala) for fear we might not like it.  This way we could see whether we liked the sauce before we ordered.  So we decided to try something different and Mark went for North Indian Garlic Chilli Lamb Tikka and I went for Methi Gosht (also lamb) – I thought that lamb isn’t normally great at an Indian so it would be a good way to test them!  We were both impressed, the lamb was tender and not fatty at all, I had a keema naan which was beautiful and not stodgy like the norm.  For starters we had some chicken and fish pakora, which were lovely and freshly cooked.  We are a bit spoilt though as I love the chicken pakoras from our local Indian and these weren’t as tasty but were a lot fresher.  Also the sauces for the pappadoms were divine, mint sauce and chutneys etc. they were like nothing I have ever tasted before.  The interior as well was new and modern and really funky, by the time we came out it was heaving! 
 
Somewhere we will be visiting again and I would recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment