Saturday 9 February 2013

Henris, Shifnal

We dined on a saturday night with family, we managed to get a table the same day but only had the option of one time to dine at - always a good sign when somewhere is busy!

I thought we were dining at a French Restaurant, however on entering the restaurant we were greeted with Spanish music which I thought was a ltitle strange.  The waitress then explained it is actually a Mediterranean restaurant with a French twist - ah ha that explains it!

The decor is lovely and modern with a gorgeous patio area outside which must be lovely in the Summer months.  The restaurant also has it's own car park which is a bonus in Shifnal!

To start, my mum and I shared the whole garlic baked camembert which was lovely and runny.  It came with some really tasy olive and other sorts of bread, it was also presented nicely.  I am allergic to pears and it came with a pear chutney which was a shame, I think a nice red onion marmalade would have worked nicely with it.
 

For mains I was going to chose the rack of lamb but unfortunately they didn't have it and only had chops which I don't like so I decided on the lemon and thyme poussin with dauphinoise potatoes and a tarragon jus. This was beautiful, the poussin was lovely and tasty, the dauphinoise potatoes were scrummy and the sauce was to die for!!  We had a lovely selection of vegetables consisting of baby corn, carrots, sugar snap peas.
I still had room for dessert and settled on Eton Mess, this again was lovely and sweet, plenty of meringue and good sized pieces of strawberry!
So overall we all had lovely meals, couldn't fault anything.  The service was attentive and the staff ensured we always had exactly what we needed.  We shall be returning!  http://henrisbarandbrasserie.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment